Dress to Impress
20th October 2014
For most brides to be, trying on a wedding dress is a dream come true. But as lovely and exciting as it can be, it can also be an overwhelming experience. If you’re feeling the pressure of finding THE dress or you just need a little direction, here’s some pointers on how to keep calm and pick the perfect frock…
- Try on shapes and designs that may not necessarily be your 1st choice – you may be pleasantly surprised.
- Stick within your budget – remember to leave money for alterations. And remember that accessories such as a veil don’t come included in the cost of the dress.
- Don’t know where to start? Let things like your venue or theme help to point you in a direction – a beach wedding just calls out for a floaty chiffon number.
- Choose one that creates the silhouette that you’re looking for and that suits your body type. If you have an area that is larger than the rest of you (i.e. top heavy), ensure the dress helps balance out your proportions whilst accentuating what you are blessed with.
- Don’t feel as though you have to take a full entourage of friends and family with you when you go dress shopping, just those whose opinion matters the most and you know will be honest with you.
- Value others opinions but listen to your gut more than anyone or anything else.
- Be comfortable in your decision – once you’ve found the dress, you won’t want to take it off!